Holiday Tree Lighting Block Party
November 27 @ 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Mayor Randall L. Woodfin, the Birmingham City Council, the Birmingham Park and Rec Board and Coca-Cola UNITED will present the city’s Holiday Tree Lighting Block Party on Sunday, Nov. 27 in front of City Hall on Short 20th Street North. There will be vendors, food trucks, free concerts and a lighting of the Christmas tree.
Because Hannukah is not until Sunday, Dec. 18, the city’s menorah will not be lit during the tree lighting. Instead, the menorah will be at the event, just not lit. The city will light the large menorah, which will be located inside the lobby of City Hall, once Hannukah starts.
The event will be from 4 to 8 p.m.
Schedule of events for Sunday, Nov. 27:
- Magic City Market Place vendors and food trucks will be present from 4 to 8 p.m.
- Attendees are encouraged to bring lawn chairs for free concerts from Ampliphied Noiz at 5:15 p.m. and Dave and the Party Rockers at 6:15 p.m. (Note: This is the way Ampliphied Noiz spells its name.)
- Birmingham choreographer Ursula Smith will present a sample of her annual “Brown Sugar Nutcracker’’ dance performance at 5 p.m.
- The tree lighting will happen at 6 p.m.
- There will also be samples from Coca-Cola, holiday photo opportunities and more.
- The following food trucks are slated to be present:
- Drink Freshhh,
- Lemonade Junkeez
- Dirty Red
- Terrific Treatz
- Fat Charles
- Not Ya Average Leaf
- Cake’s Southern Fried Eats
- Jolly Cakes
- Smoke on Wheels
- Lily and Daisy Bakery
- The Recipe
- Coco Crabs
- Naughty But Nice Popcorn
- A Dab of This and A Dab of That
- Nawlins Style Po Boys