A Baltimore police officer was acquitted Monday of assault and all other charges in the case of Freddie Gray, an African American who died in custody a year ago, sparking ...Read more
Use of electronic cigarettes and other vaping devices has stalled in the United States as more Americans question their safety, according to a new online Reuters/Ipsos ...Read more
President Obama has announced the lifting of a 50-year old arms embargo on communist Vietnam in a historic signal of warming relations between former enemies that waged a bloody Cold War ...Read more
- Money Mondays: Credit Card Debt Nearing $1 Trillion Again May 30, 2016Mellody Hobson is president of Ariel investments, a Chicago-based money management firm that serves individual investors and retirement plans through its no-load mutual funds and separate accounts. Additionally, she is a regular financial contributor and analyst for CBS news and CBS.com. Skip: You are joining us this morning to talk about credit card debt, correct? […]
- RECIPE: Grilled Honey Apricot BBQ Wings May 29, 2016Chicken wings kissed on the grill are a must have for the summer season and this recipe delivers just that, with major flavor! The…
- Meet The Woman Who Designed The Tax Free Tampon May 27, 2016Jacque Reid goes Inside Her Story with Ashlee Hawn, from Big Rich Atlanta and the creator of RedCycle, a tampon club for women. The tampon tax is still on the books in 40 states and this organization helps women get tax free tampons. “I couldn’t believe we were actually paying a tax on our tampons. Instead of going […]
- Company Recalls Toddler Spill-Proof Cups Due To Risk Of Mold May 27, 2016WASHINGTON (AP) — More than 3 million spill-proof cups for children between 4 and 12 months old are being recalled by Mayborn USA because of the risk of mold that could cause sickness. Ingestion of the mold can cause gastrointestinal symptoms and infections in those with compromised immune systems. Mayborn has received more than 3,000 […]
- Bookkeeper sentenced for stealing from ex-'SNL' cast memberMORRISTOWN, N.J. (AP) — A bookkeeper who stole $234,500 from former "Saturday Night Live" cast member Joe Piscopo has been sentenced in New Jersey to three years in prison.
- Prince Charles in Romania to travel to TransylvaniaBUCHAREST, Romania (AP) — Britain's Prince Charles has returned to Romania where he has a charity that promotes skills and training in rural Transylvania.
- Pueblo shield withdrawn from Paris artifacts auctionPARIS (AP) — A French auction house has withdrawn a Pueblo shield from a contested sale of Native American artifacts after protests from the United States.
- Iran arrest 8 people for making 'obscene' music videosTEHRAN, Iran (AP) — An online report in Iran says authorities have arrested eight people for producing allegedly "obscene" music videos.
- Country music star Dustin Lynch launches own fashion lineCountry music star Dustin Lynch has launched his own fashion label titled "Stay Country," with the first offering to include a selection of hats, shirts for both men and women. The collection is specifically comprised of two hats ($20), six men's shirts ($30-$45) and three women's ($30), with the range to be promoted via Lynch's […]
- Country music takes over Baton Rouge this weekendNEW ORLEANS (AP) — Country music fans descend on Baton Rouge, Louisiana, for the Memorial Day weekend to hear some of the hottest performers in the genre including Luke Bryan, Jason Aldean and Eric Church as part of the 2016 Bayou County Superfest.