LIFE & STYLE
- Walmart Offers Way To Turn Leftover Opioids Into Useless Gel January 17, 2018Walmart is helping customers get rid of leftover opioids by giving them packets that turn the addictive painkillers into a useless gel. The retail giant announced Wednesday that it will provide the packets free with opioid prescriptions filled at its 4,700 U.S. pharmacies. The small packets, made by DisposeRX, contain a powder that is poured […]
- Century After Pandemic, Science Takes Its Best Shot At Flu January 17, 2018WASHINGTON (AP) — The descriptions are haunting. Some victims felt fine in the morning and were dead by night. Faces turned blue as patients coughed up blood. Stacked bodies outnumbered coffins. A century after one of history’s most catastrophic disease outbreaks, scientists are rethinking how to guard against another super-flu like the 1918 influenza that […]
- Get Well Wednesday: How To Choose, Work With And Fire A Doctor January 17, 2018How often should you see the doctor? I believe all adults should see the doctor at least once a year for a preventive check-up- aka, a “yearly physical” exam. This is a time where your doctor can discuss the following with you: Preventive screenings Immunizations Ordering lab work Reviewing your family history for any changes, […]
- The Detroit Auto Show Considers Future Of Self-Driving Cars January 17, 2018DETROIT (AP) — The North American International Auto Show in Detroit opened to the press this week with one big question hanging in the air: How will autonomous vehicles change the industry? The answer is still unclear. In the meantime, automakers continue to put out new vehicles of all shapes and sizes, including small cars, […]
KISS ENTERTAINMENT NEWS
- Why Are We So Addicted to Mysteries Like ‘Making a Murderer?’Why we can’t turn away from shows like Serial and Making a Murderer. (Photo: Getty Images)
- New A&E Show ‘Fit to Fat to Fit’ Makes Trainers Gain Weight — But What Does it Prove?Adonis Hill, a trainer on the upcoming show “Fit to Fat to Fit,” went from weighing 217 pounds to 286 pounds by consuming 8,000 calories a day.